We don’t stream > Episode 1
Listen to Episode 1
You can’t listen to this anywhere but here.
About the guest
Sam Macbeth is the Tech Lead for Cliqz based in Munich, Germany where he has developed innovative, user-empowering, and privacy-preserving software in the Cliqz browser, a fork of Firefox.
He has worked extensively on the Cliqz’ and Ghostery’s anti-tracking system. He also participates in the W3C Privacy Community Group, an attempt to standardise tracking protection approaches across browsers. Cliqz sadly stopped trading in April 2020.
About Sam Macbeth
Each guest is asked to nominate an open source project for donations for their episode. Sam chose the Tor Project. If you enjoyed this episode please make a donation to the Tor Project.
- Farewell from Cliqz
- Cliqz website (including search engine on home page)
- Cliqz blog
- Working Draft podcast: Revision 410: Cliqz Browser and Search Engine with guest Krystoff Modras
- Tracking the Trackers – presentation by Sam at Privacy Week 2017
- Mozilla terminates its deal with Yahoo and makes Google the default in Firefox again
About DAT protocol
- DAT foundation
- Beaker Browser
- DAT-webext extension
- DAT protocol in the browser: Progress and Challenges – presentation by Sam at FOSDEM 2020
- Pied Piper – from Silicon Valley TV show
Other notable Peer-to-peer tech
Other software Sam mentions
I’m committed to having full transcripts of all podcasts episodes. As I am only one person it will take me a while. If you know a way of speeding up that process without spending cash I don’t have please let me know.