We don’t stream > Episode 2
Listen to episode 2
The podcast which talks to the maverick renegades of the internet.
You can’t listen to this anywhere but here.
About the guest
Finn Brownbill is the Head of Marketing for Mojeek, an independent search engine based in Brighton, UK.
Mojeek has a fully independent crawler allowing them to build their own search index. Mojeek started in a bedroom in 2004 and is billed as the world’s alternative search engine, providing a different set of results to either Google search or Bing.
Each guest is asked to nominate an open source project or charity for donations for their episode. Finn has chosen Beam, a crowdfunding platform which supports homeless people. If you enjoyed this episode please make a donation to the Beam.
About Finn Brownbill
- Mojeek website
- Three Billion Page Milestone and App Availability
- Emotional Web Search (Demo)
- Mojeek News service Update
- 100 Server Build and Install
- Independent and Unbiased Search Results
- Doing what’s right: Mojeek and the environment
Search engine market info
- The Search Engine Map
- Global stats counter – global search engine market
- Statista – Worldwide desktop market share of leading search engines
- Algorithms of Oppression – How search engines reinforce racism by Safiya Umoja Noble
- Dropping the bomb on Google
- Google Has a Striking History of Bias Against Black Girls
I’m committed to having full transcripts of all podcasts episodes. As I am only one person it will take me a while. If you know a way of speeding up that process without spending cash I don’t have please let me know.